Turkey Tail Mushroom

Specific Feedback Requested

Any

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Canon 5d Mk III, f-5, 1/200 sec., iso 500. Removed grass leaf from bottom. This limb contained other fungus but most were not complete as I wanted.

elwise44

Wayne, this is a really nice find. I love the colors and lines in the mushrooms. I wish there was more DOF so that all of the front mushroom was in focus. It feels like the focus is more on the tree bark, than the mushroom. I wasn’t able to bring it up into the large view to tell for sure. If this is nearby, I would want to go back and try some more shots with different settings/angles of view, and make sure the point of focus is on those beautiful mushrooms. I really love the colors and the lines in them.

1 Like

Thanks Shirley, I visited the site again yesterday to do some focus stacking of the fungus I recently posted but wish I made more time for the turkey tail group. The forest behind my home is low and damp from the rains and good for verities of fungus.
Wayne

Good idea, Wayne. I am not one who has learned to use focus stacking yet, so that never crossed my mind, but it is probably a good way to go. Wish you the best with it, and I am really looking forward to seeing the outcome.

Hi John, thanks so much for identifying this beautiful specimen; I encountered some on a hike last week and now know its name. Did some research and this is quoted from healthline.com, " Turkey tail is a medicinal mushroom with an impressive range of benefits. It contains a variety of powerful antioxidants and other compounds that may help boost your immune system and even help fight certain cancers. Plus, turkey tail may improve gut bacteria balance, which can positively impact your immunity." Nice closeup framing here and I agree with @Shirley_Freeman about the dof.

1 Like