Red-tailed Hawk

From the same trip as my last post. I spotted this hawk on one of the dikes not very far off the road. I think the odd wing position is because it had just disentangled it from a trailing blackberry vine (a native berry in these parts that generates great trip wires-and great berries) I have a previous frame that shows a few leaves sticking out above the wing.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

Anything.

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Anything.

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Sony a6500, FE200-600 @ 456 mm, beanbag on car window, f/10 (accidental), 1/500, iso 1250, manual exposure. Processed in LR & PS CC. Full frame. Taken at 10:38 am on December 3rd.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
1 Like

It does look a little miffed. If your blackberries are anything like ours down here, they are engineered tripwires. Very sharp capture in good environment.

Interesting pose with good detail and I like the overall environment you caught him in.

You got nice and close full frame at a bit less than 500mm. Good job. Nice head angle and well done on the focus. I like the composition with the habitat in bg.

I like the body position, wings included, and the head turn on this one. When I saw your image yesterday, I thought you had come to the other Western Washington wildlife refuge near us. So I went out yesterday and today but didn’t see a single hawk either day.