Reeds and Leaves on a Lake

The turquoise waters of Croatia’s Plitvice Lakes turn even more colorful during the Fall season as the colorful leaves of the surroundings forest mix with the floating reeds.

Specific Feedback Requested

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Sony A7III
Sony 24-105 f/4G

5 Likes

This conjured up the artist Kandinsky - a gorgeous abstract, Dvir, which you found in nature.

Really good abstract autumn scene. For my tastes, I would be tempted to bring in black point a bit to bump the contrast, but looks really good as presented.

Really nice abstract, Dvir. I like the swirling lines and leaves intermixed. Very cool.

I like how the curving lines and colors lead me around the image. It’s a striking and unusual perspective that I enjoy very much.

I tended to agree with Harley’s suggestion of bumping up the black point for a tad more contrast. I did it to give more emphasis to the turquoise color as well as bumping the contrast.

Fabulous image! It really reminds me of abstract expressionist paintings of the New York scene in the 1950’s.

The mix of swirling lines with dollops of color look great. While Chris’s adjustments create more drama, I prefer the subtleness of your version as it invites spending more time looking.

This is wonderful! Makes me think of jewelry. The only thing I might suggest is to bump up the tonal contrast some. Anyway, just a fantastic image.