Reflecting Fall

Here are two views of fall colors reflected in a local pond with a steady breeze blowing. The first post is the actual view, while the second post is the flipped view, to have the colors oriented more normally (grass at the bottom, trees at the top).

Normal view:

Flipped:

1 Like

I like both of these, Mark. If you hadn’t said it was a reflection, I would have thought a perfect execution of intentional camera movement. I do think the flipped version feels a tad better. I can see this printed big!

1 Like

This is a great reflection! I like the flipped one best. The colors and textures are great, and so is also the blur, I guess due to water waves. As David, I also at first thought this was an ICM image.

Beautiful colors, Mark. Looks like a pastel painting. I also like them both, but prefer the second version, it just seems to set better with my eyes. Nicely done.

Gorgeous colors and shapes! I love the extra puzzle factor of flipped reflections and this one is no exception.

Both are nice renditions, Mark. My favorite though is the flipped version. It just seems more natural to my eye even though that is the opposite of reality. The colors are just fantastic as is the spacing of the tree trunks. No suggestions from me.

Beautiful! I agree it does look like ICM. I like it either way, for some reason they both look like they could be upright to me.