Fall Reflections

A sweet little scene from Acadia National Park about a week ago. I liked the complexity of reflections plus grasses in this one.

IS0800 (HH), 91mm, f/16, 1/60

Definitely a ‘sweet little scene’, Kathy! The red leaves and their reflection are what really makes it special.

This is lovely, Kathy. While the red leaves and their reflection are the stars, I’m thoroughly enjoying the floating leaves and how the foreground grass adds to the “your are here” sense.

Kathy,

Lovely reflection image indeed. While the reds clear mark the autumn season, I like that their presence doesn’t dominate the scene. You’ve framed the reflection with that color up top, the trees and of course the grasses at the bottom.

I see two alternates that might emphasize the reflection rather than the bigger picture. One, cropping off the top color (oh, sacrilege!) but that emphasizes not only the red leaves reflection, but also the trees. The second option is cropping out the grass which leaves a symmetrical with the trunks, fall color and their reflection. Of course neither of these suggestions I think will top your original… :wink:

Lon

Hi Lon,
I do have one of your suggested comps and so will try to post it here. Thanks for the ideas.
Kathy

1 Like