Reflection 4

I have been focusing on reflections and this is the last in a series . Although initially I though the grasses/reeds were too complex for the image but took it anyway. To me any chaos is balanced by the sky reflection although interested in others opinions.

Specific Feedback Requested

composition/processing. Chaotic or not?

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
112mm f/22 0.6 sec iso 200

5 Likes

I’m loving all your reflection photos! Really beautiful series! I think this is my favorite, the reeds give it an interesting dimension.

I tend to agree with Vanessa, I think the reeds add some interest to the image. They confuse my eye, but in a not-unpleasant way if that makes sense. And I think the simple pastel colors complement it nicely.

Out of curiosity, why the high f-number?

Another wonderfully imaginative image. Normally this composition would be taken with the sharply focused reeds but these reeds work very well to create a mood. I don’t know if the darker left corner works to your advantage or not. I think a bit lighter would be good without making trying to make it as light as the right side.

Mario, I love this image but at the same time my mind is a little bit disturbed by the not so calm apperance of the reeds. My final thinking is anyhow that the tension between the reeds and the calmness of the rest of the image add to the quality of the image.

Is this a double exposure Mario?

I feel strange with this image. It’s a nice and graphical picture but I don’t understand the double exposure (if I’m correct) only in some part of the image.
Did you considered crop out the upper half of it? It would simplify the image in my view.
The grasses/reds are fascinating to watch and wonder around.

Thanks all for comments @Matthew_Chatham @Igor_Doncov @Vanessa_Hill @Ola_Jovall @joaoquintela .

Joao, I know what you are talking about, not a double exposure. I now remember that I was doing a series of ICM on this shot and actually thought this one was not with ICM but now I am wondering myself.

Mario,
Just want to say how I’m enjoying this Reflections series. With each image the series becomes more and more beautiful. Congrats!!

Funny, I was thinking it was a double exposure before reading @joaoquintela 's comment. It has a funny double or ICM look to it.

This looks like a double exposure with a shifting camera position in the reeds, but not in the cloud reflection. Are you sure this isn’t a composite/multiple? If its an ICM you kept it very steady horizontally, it looks more like a double. Not that that there is anything wrong with a composite, I’m more just curious about how this effect was created. It produces a very interesting look in the reeds.

@Ed_McGuirk @Harley_Goldman
Ed
I actually looked up how to take a double exposure with a Sony alpha 7 and you cannot so…it is an ICM which I was doing on a tripod thus the steadiness on horizontal movement. Glad I figured that out!