Reflection : Pendant n' Branches

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

Out shooting today and saw this reflection photography. Kept a little of the color and used it as a tone to enhance the photo.

Specific Feedback

Any comments are welcomed. This style of photography is pretty subjective. I do like the limbs working their way into the light source.

Technical Details

ISO 200 Shutter 250 f11 edited in photoshop.

It’s a striking photo with a touch of color that really makes the reflections pop. The symmetry here is great, creating a strong visual balance. Perhaps cropping in a bit on the right could focus the attention even more on the reflections. Boosting the contrast might give it even more depth. It’s a very artistic shot that captures a natural feel. Well spotted, you have a good eye for spotting the extraordinary in the ordinary. :+1:

Thanks Don. That’s my goal this month. Shoot every day things we all see and try to capture something unique.
:camera_flash::camera_flash::camera_flash::camera_flash::camera_flash:

Don …I tried a little editing like you suggested. Thanks for your comment

I’ll be keen to see what you get Gill! :+1:

I posted the changes down below the original. Let me know what you think.

I like it Gill. I think if you moved around the shot when taking it so that the distance between each shade was equidistant it would make it even stronger, this probably means moving a tiny bit closer to center. Nice work anyway. :+1:

:camera_flash::camera_flash::camera_flash::camera_flash::camera_flash::camera_flash: Thanks. Getting the trees to curve around the lights was main objective. I may reshoot later on and see what happens. Working on my next book “The Flow of Light”. Put my instrumental music on a CD and include in the book. :camera_flash::guitar::guitar::guitar::camera_flash::camera_flash:

1 Like

I like this a lot, well found. I think I prefer the original to the edit, the tonality has a lithprint quality to it. Perhaps a small sqew fix to make the left most light vertical.

Gill, this is an excellent abstract. I love how you incorporated the branches into the lanterns. Everyone provided some great suggestions so I don’t have anything new to suggest. Thanks for posting this.

Excellent, Gil. I really like the juxtaposition of the lights and the tree branches.

Thanks to everyone showing interest in this photograph. I’m always looking around. I have become very interested in Tone in Black and White Photography. Having vision and make it happen the best I can. :camera_flash::camera_flash::camera_flash::camera_flash::camera_flash: