Pond Reflection

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

Out in the Park shooting reflection photography and decided to take a few shots of the tree in reflection. Being a partly cloudy day , I got some different tones in the sky. I even kept a little of the blue not as a color but as a tone kinda like gray. Its just the way i see things… I do like shooting reflection style photography. Always different …

Specific Feedback

Maybe shoot slower shutter speed to get more of the moving water effect. I was shooting more for the Tone. Thats an important topic to me these days. The Tone of the image. It can be as important as composition… I did’t get as much white as I wanted but the black and grays are pretty much there in the image. And a slight blue, I like using slight color when needed. I see it as adding tone to the image. But not heavy color. Kinda subjective I guess. I look forward to hearing opinions on this topic. Just my vision of the world in which we live.

Technical Details

ISO 400 Shutter 500 f14 edit in Photoshop

2 Likes

I like this a lot, Gil. The water had just enough ripple to distort the reflection to the point of making it abstract rather than literal. The faint hint of blue you left works nicely in the image.

Thanks. This image has a painting vibe. The grays give that look in my opinion. Thanks again for showing interest.

The image makes me feel calm and at peace. What more can you ask of an image?
Thanks
Steve

Wow. Thanks so much. If an image can bring Peace. Then I feel like I created something good. :pray::pray::pray::pray:

2 Likes

I agree with Steve it certainly is a peaceful image Gill! :v:

Thanks Don. “Peaceful “ should be the title. :pray::pray::pray:

1 Like

Lovely tones Gill and I’m digging that hint of blue. This looks like a charcoal artwork with the trees and their dark branches providing structure. I think calming is a good way to describe the image.

Thanks so much to everyone for their comments and peaceful vibe to this image. I just started writing some instrumental music with that in mind.
Thanks for the inspiration. Putting my photo images and easy listening music is my ultimate goal. I’m working on a book (self published) trying to do that.
:pray::camera_flash::pray::camera_flash::pray::pray::pray: