Reflection in a river

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

I’m always interested in reflections. This one drew my eye.

Technical Details

ISO 400, 62mm, f/8, 1/60th sec.

Ooooh! Drew my eye too. I can’t really put my finger on it but I think I’m responding most to the tonal variations and textures. The reflections feel dreamy and a bit nostalgic.

1 Like

Cathy has a great description and matches how I feel about the image Don. It’s a calming image with wonderfully tonality. There is a great sense of depth and gentle energy. My only recommendation would be to clone out the dark section in the left corner so that the tones are even throughout the frame.

1 Like

Beautifully seen and photographed, Don. I echo the above comments.

Thanks to all of you. I can’t put my finger on why I like this one either. Alfredo, I agree that the lower left needs tweaking.

Very well seen and executed, Don. I like the fact that you didn’t try to make this fill the full tone range the way you see so many black and whites. Sticking largely with the mid-tones and the mild ripples do make this a very serene and calming image.

Gorgeous! Just the right amount of detail and very nice BG variation, with more distant foliage and sky. Definitely soothing. Cue up one of those soundtracks that is supposed to help put you to sleep.

Dennis, Diane, thanks.

“I like the fact that you didn’t try to make this fill the full tone range the way you see so many black and whites.” When I tried that. Dennis, it wrecked the image.