Stream

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

I was walking by the side of a stream looking at the reflections. I excluded everything else from the shot with a telephoto lens.

Technical Details

No technical details are relevant.

1 Like

Beautiful!! I love the level of abstraction and the warm gray against cool blue color palette! Just the right amount of realism to keep me wandering around in exploration.

Thanks very much, Diane.

The texture of the small branches rendered by the ripples is very cool. Nice!

Nicely seen and recorded Don. I like the use of the telephoto lens to exclude everything but the main subject. The gnarly twisted lines come through clearly. I also like the pale blue color. Well done!

I see - and make, LOL - so many water reflection images but this is special. I love the metallic coolness and the interaction of the ripples with the reflection of the tries. Like an underwater storm. I scene to lose myself in! So well done!

I appreciate all the comments.

To look at this for a few minutes is a great way to spend some time. The cool tones make this unique. I am tempted to crop out the left 30%, just to see if the different result is appealing.

1 Like

Love this Don! As someone else mentioned, I too have my share of water reflections, and this one here is quite unique! Love everything about this, wouldn’t change anything.

Lon

Thanks, Dick and Lon. I never saw reflections until a couple of years ago. I looked right through them. They’ve been a delightful discovery.