Reflections #2 and rework

Rework…

This from the same setting as my first reflections image, but just getting more of the part of the creek/ditch that had some trees reflected in it and less ripples.

Specific Feedback Requested

Anything

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Nikon D3400, ISO 100, f/8, 1/6, 105mm, converted to black and white. I did a slow shutter to try and bring out the slight rippling from the water and make it look more like a soft painting rather than a sharp reflection.

1 Like

Very cool, but more contrast please!!

1 Like

Interesting reflection image, but I was thinking along the same lines as Kris. I would like to see way more contrast. I find it looking very flat gray.

Vanessa,
I love the idea and your thought process, but like @Kris_Smith and @Harley_Goldman I would like to see more contrast. I hope you don’t mind, but I just hit auto contrast and this is what I came up with. Just something to give it a little more punch. The slow SS has produced a lovely impressionistic effect with the branches.

1 Like

Maybe just a bit more brighter for me. I like the low contrast look.

This is a super reflection. The repeated patterns from what I assume were gentle ripples + your slow SS are enchanting. I’m with Igor on the contrast - you said you wanted it to be more like a painting, so the low contrast works well. Just brightening it up (move the histogram to the left) without increasing contrast would make the patterns easier to see.

Thank you all @Kris_Smith @Harley_Goldman @Ed_Lowe @Igor_Doncov and @Bonnie_Lampley for your feedback and suggestions. I did a rework based more on @Igor_Doncov and @Bonnie_Lampley suggestions to just brighten it up a tad and added a little contrast. I wanted it to have more of a soft look, so kept some of the gray. Wonder what you think now? Thanks again!

1 Like

It is strictly your vision for your image. Your rework is an improvement but for me, I still much prefer Ed’s version.

1 Like

Thank you for your rework @Ed_Lowe and thanks for your further feedback @Harley_Goldman . The more I look at what Ed did the more I like it!