Reflections and Light

Archives, again… We were visiting our younger daughter and her husband who were living in Los Angeles at the time (since escaped) and they indulged my need to photograph the Disney Concert Hall.

Specific Feedback Requested

All comments welcome!

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Canon 5D3, 24-70 f/2.8 at 24, f/8, ISO 200, 1/125. Probably a tripod. Basic LR corrections then into PS to go to B/W and then Topaz ReStyle for the colors. I haven’t used it in a long time – need to check it out again – on the right subject.

2 Likes

Good looking abstract. I would be inclined to crop off the left to eliminate the yellowish ULC and thereby simplify, but also looks good as is. Cool patterns, lines and color.

Hi Diane, I really like the lines and colors here. I looked at cropping, like Harley mentioned, but found it to be a bit too square…if that makes sense.

To me it’s a great abstract that works quite well. Congrats.

Tremendous in every way. Composition, colors, texture and just plain cool factor. That the colors were your artistic choice makes this all the more personal in my eyes. I love it.

Love the subject and the image, but wonder about cropping or darkening the yellow part in the upper left so that the viewer would get more sucked into the composition.

A wonderful scene well seen and processed! It really does feel like I’m being sucked into the composition.

A burning of the yellow may work OK, but I love the image as is.