Resting lynx

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

The cat was hard to find. Only becaused it moved it little in its sleep I was able to see it, at a distance of 100-125 feet.
I shot a few other images after the sun came through, but I prefer this one because of the high contrasts between shadow and sunlit spots. A little bit later the lynx stretched the limps and moved away, possible awakened by the sun.

Specific Feedback

Any comment welcome.

Technical Details

Pentax K3 Mk. III, Pentax 150-450 @450mm, f/6.3, 1/80s, ISO1600.
RAW conversion in DxO PL6, a little change in curves. I desaturated some of the brighter colored spots (autumn leaves) to make them less distracting. Cropped.

1 Like

Beautiful. While some photographers may not like the out of focus vegetation because it hides portions of the animal, I like that you did not try to remove it. Nothing more is needed than the ear and tail tips to allow us to view the entire cat. There is, however, one attention getter (is this a word?) in the lower right corner. The out of focus vertical stems. Well done.

@Jim_Gavin You are right, thanks for commenting. The vertical stems draw attention. I’ll go back to the image, I overlooked this one but it shouldn’t be to difficult to improve it.