Resting on a branch - rework

I saw this little one sitting and I thought about the background and moved around a bit to put this bird just to the left of the yellow flowers in this tree. So I was looking for any feed back on this mainly any cropping but anything else as well. I also remove a part of the branch on the left side of the bird because I felt it was distracting. I also brighten up the eye some because I could see the reflection in the background off his eye. Canon 90D 100-400 ii f/-5.6 at 400mm F/8 1/250 iso 1000

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

Hi Dean, A nice pose you captured and nice detail in the shadow on the bird. I could see the bird being moved more to the right to put it off center. I’m fine with the back ground - maybe tone down the bright areas to right of bird’s head. I could also see a little more room on bottom. Good idea to brighten the eye - it looks good. Nice catch.

Thanks @Allen_Sparks, that was the what I was looking for. I did a update, although there was no more room on the bottom.

Great shot, Dean! Very nice detail which can be difficult with a backlit shot like this. I love the yellow background and the re-post is a much better composition.

1 Like

Very sharp, Dean and nice exposure of the shadowed areas. I could see bringing down the highlights just a bit in your RAW editor as the bright area on the breast does pull my eye a lot. I like the new crop. Whatever this bird’s been feeding on sure pumps out the pollen.

1 Like