Resting Place

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

This little guy was taking it easy on a lily pad at the Mercer Arboretum. He was less than 2 inches across and seemed to be resting peacefully.

Technical Details

Sony A77II
Minolta 200mm macro
ISO 400, 1/50 @ f22

Critique Template

Use of the template is optional, but it can help spark ideas.

• Vision and Purpose:
  • Conceptual:
  • Emotional Impact and Mood:
  • Composition:
  • Balance and Visual Weight:
  • Depth and Dimension:
  • Color:
  • Lighting:
  • Processing:
  • Technical:
2 Likes

Cute and sweet!! The way it matches the BG colors is special, as is the detail. I love the composition – no nits!! This one is contest-worthy!

1 Like

OMG my head! Cuteness overload. I can never find them at this age in the wild. Just adorable and such a cute top-dow look at that gorgeous little shell - excellent camouflage.

1 Like

Bill, This one has eye popping sharpness with a great comp. The surface tension of the surrounding water frames the turtle nicely. I can’t think of any nits for this one. Well done…Jim

It is amazing how sharp the image is that I can feel the turtle is right in front of me and I can touch it. Really cute!! The composition is great. I think maybe darken a little the light brown pulp he is staring it to add a little contrast and interest in the frame. Wonderful picture. Thanks for sharing.

Bill, I don’t know why, but I immediately thought that this was a very smal, young turtle. The variety of greens in it are delightful and having everything else in the frame a shade of green also looks great.

1 Like