River rocks- 2

Same swimming hole in VT–different season! i

Specific Feedback Requested

Does it work an an intriguing image? Cropped too much?

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
iphone–basic edits

1 Like

I like this type of ice abstracts, and are pleased to see this very nice one. A matter or personal taste, but sometimes it could be tested if deleting the white dots in some areas could improve the image. Yes, I know it is cumbersome work!

Kat, ice is a fun subject to capture. I haven’t done much of it myself, as I live in NC and we don’t get that much ice around here. You captured some very nice designs in the ice. I think if it was mine, I might try pulling down the highlights just a tad and see what that does and maybe clone out the two or three ice droplets that have purple in them. Just a thought. Real interesting scene.

Thanks for your feedback, Ola. I have viewed some of your very nice photos on this site. I did both slightly lighten the dark water to show what was underneath and deleting the white dots and felt I ended up with a better image. —Kat

Thanks for your input. I will try out your suggestions. It is really helpful (and fund!) to get feedback on my photos—Kat

1 Like

Kat, this is another fine looking abstract. I like the “figures” in the ice in the top half. The very bright bits in the lower right could stand to be burned-in (darkened). The very bright bit along the right edge just above center can be darkened or adding a bit more picture on it’s right. Either of those will reduce how much attention it gets.

Hi Kat, this is another very nice abstract macro image. It is intriguing. Hope you don’t mind me trying some edits with it. Seeing as it is ice, I thought maybe a cooler rather than warmer color might look interesting. Also tried a vignette to help direct the eyes to specific areas. And a little lens distortion to make it more 3d. It might be too much, but here is an example,