Robin

This is something a little different. Robin on wrong side of frame and light coming from wrong direction. I liked the colors, the bg and the robin’s eye.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

Any

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Any

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)
Photo is cropped to 83% of full frame. I removed a branch from left side, and lightened the shadows on robin’s left side.
7DII, 700mm, f/6.3, 1/640, ISO400

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
1 Like

Hello, David, wonderful bird which you had against a very nicely coloured background. Well done on the sharpness and detail. Ideally I would have had some more space on the LHS, instead of the RHS - making the bird look more into the frame. But, then, you probably have your reason to present it as you did. All in all a nice one ! Cheers, Hans

David - I love the background colors as a compliment to the color of the robin. Really nice focus on the head and eye - well done!

Excellent fall color, detail. Just a thought on the crop.

I guess to some extent, it might have to do with what the background on the left looks like. I say that because I’m okay with this as I like the overall background colors and how it works with the Robin and the berries. Nothing wrong with something outside the box. Good Detail in the Robin and the eye does look good. A common bird, but actually rather photogenic, especially in a pleasant setting like this.