Breakfast

What technical feedback would you like if any? Any

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Any

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

I caught this guy powering down Manzanita berries one morning (they actually taste pretty good!). Too much environment? D500, Nikon 200-500 lens, hand held, 1/200th, f 5.6, 500mm, ISO 400, AI Clear, cropped to 2959 x 2265

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
1 Like

Superb detail in the Robin’s plumage, Dave. I like the pose and the environment. If you have the entire bird, I think I’d prefer it that way, but there might be something really ugly down there that we’re not aware of down there.

Wonderful, wonderful photo Dave. What I first noticed was how clear his eye is and then the huge berry in his(her) beak. Personally, I like the DOF/background, helps me understand the birds environment.

Really nice focus with lots of detail where it needs to be. The photo tells a nice story. I am also guessing you went with a crop to help clean up or simplify the image.

I like the nice leading line of the bird’s body, eye and beak leading right to the berries.

Pretty bird and well done.

You really caught some great detail in the robin. The eye is sharp and clear with nice catch light. Great pose with the berry. The environment is fine and the robin stands out nicely from it. I don’t mind not seeing the whole bird as the action up top is compelling and draws the viewer in.

Dave, you really did get some nice details in the eye of the robin. Just love that he has the red berry in his beak. Nice job.

The Robin in the untreated photo had its whole tail cut off causing me to decide to zero in on the head/berry part more.