Anna

Through the fog and smoke this morning.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques: iso 1000, 400mm, f4.5, 1250th, tripod, A7R4, 20% of full frame

(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
1 Like

A pretty frame. I like the position of the hummer and the raspberry plant. I do think since this is 20% of the full frame, I would not crop so tight. The top edge in particular is very tight and the raspberry in the lower left is suspended with no visible stem. Left side could easily be opened up to provide more balance for my tastes.

This is gorgeous, David. If you had anything like the fog we had here, I don’t know how you managed this. It looks so crisp and clean and almost spring-like.

Taken from 10 feet away. And I am assuming it was smoke and not fog at 1 pm when it was taken. Unfortunately, too much distraction on left side which is why it was cropped this way.

Wonderful sharpness and detail, nice wing position, and the red berries are a lovely context.

Hi David,
Nice details especially for such a large crop. I also like the berries - pretty unique. Nice frame.

Lovely image David, I could see a bit more room up top and on the left depending on what that would include.

David, I enjoyed this shot because of the sharpness of the bird, berries and leaves. The entire shot seems in focus . I too would have liked to see a bit more on the left if possible. A great photograph.

Very nice, David. I love the red berries in the image, and the nice smooth BG makes both the berries and the hummer stand out nicely.