Blackbird in the Brambles

Taken on a cool, blustery day. 7DII, 700mm, f/6.3, 1/800, ISO800 A slight crop pullinh the top left corner down.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

Any

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Any

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)
Any

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

A very nice shot, David! Nice feather detail and good composition. Maybe a tiny bit hot on the exposure for my taste but otherwise I wouldn’t change a thing.

This looks good to me as presented. Nice position in the frame and good head turn. I like the setting. A plumage that a lot of people ignore, so that is nice to see as well.

Superb color and detail. I am enjoying the comp.

Very nice, David. I really like the pose and head turn and the background blackberry canes are sufficiently out of focus that they don’t form a significant distraction. Very well done.

Well, David, this is a very pleasant and natural image to my eye. Even though a bit messy in the BG, the images doesn’t suffer from that. Well done. Hans

Thanks @David_Schoen , @Dennis_Plank, @Richard_Ditch, @Hans_Overduin, @Gary_Minish, everyone for the comments and nice feedback. It is always helpful. Dave