Hummer in the sun

Probably a Fiery Throated HB.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques: iso 640, 300 PF, f7.1, 1250th, handheld, no flash

(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

A very nice look at the hummingbird; nicely composed and the flowers are nice. A rather different pose for a hummer.

This composition is wonderful, David. The detail is excellent, as always, and the exposure looks spot on. I do kind of wish the hummer had given you a bit better head turn, but they don’t take direction well. Did they spray sugar water non the plant? It looks as if the Hummingbird is licking it off the stem.

This is in the cloud forest and was taken after the misty fog had cleared. I also wished for a better head turn but I liked it for the unusual pose.

Wonderful colors and details in this Hummer, David. I also like the flower he is on.

Hi David,

Really nice details in bird and plant. Head turn would have been great to have, but not nit-worthy. I like this as presented…Jim