Anna in a sun shower

just catching a sun ray in the middle of a light rainstorm.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques: iso-1250, 400 mm +1.4 X, F5 .6, 1000th, fill flash at plus three, tripod, 25% of full frame

(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
1 Like

Nice light and flash work… Wish it was turned a bit more to the camera.

Hi David
You did a nice job with syncing up the flash at 1/1000. I never had much luck using a flash to photograph Hummingbirds. The water drop really adds to the shot. Vary nice work.
Peter

The hummer has lots of nice fine detail and exposure looks spot on. I also like the nice complimentary bg.

Wonderful detail, gorgeous lighting and a wonderful BG! The blush of red on the face is a nice touch – bounce light from a feeder? High speed sync with the flash, for the 1/1000 ss, would have required quite a bit of power for an outdoor setting. I’ve never tried HSS with a subject like this and I’m curious if you used a flash extender. The crop would suggest you might have been 15-20 ft from the bird, which would need some flash power.

Sweet light. Good detail and nice background.