Backlit Hummer

I thought this was rather interesting because one can see the hummingbird beak shadow through the flower. And I also like the juxtaposition of the backlit wings and the glowing BeeBalm. Hope it isn’t too saturated.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques: iso-500, 500 mm PF at F5 .6, 2000th, D 500, six megapixels out of 20.

(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
1 Like

Not at all too saturated, David. In fact, I think the reds on the bee balm could come up a trifle. To my eye, the bird looks a little too bright for being backlit. You might want to do something about the brilliant green patches at the bottom. they really grab my eye.

Nice backlit capture with wonderful light on the wings. As you mention, very interesting to see the bird’s beak in the flower. Agree about toning down or removing the lower green blotches. Wish the bird’s body was a little sharper - wondering if focus was on the flower rather than the bird. Nice frame.