Rock Abstract

I love lichens. This rock was compelling to me. Not simply the colors but the diagonals. The sun was highlighting the orange rock cluster and that was the anchor to me. Igor’s recent post prompted me to post this which I was not sure about when I initially made the image.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any welcome

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
50mm f/20 1/200 iso 100

4 Likes

I like your rock abstract Mario. It’s pretty contrasty but it works because the design takes into account the dark and light areas skillfully. There’s almost a spotlight effect in this image. The ulc has a wedge that’s solid black but it doesn’t really stand out that much. It’s actually kind of a moody image, almost sinister. I think it’s a pretty creative work. Not sure why you’re not getting comments on it.

Thanks Igor for your time. I was wondering about the LUC dark area but the LLC seems to fulfill a pupose of highlighting the orange pattern.

This one caught my eye scanning through, but I got distracted and didn’t get back. My taste is for softer contrast but the strong lines fit well with the contrast. I love the lichen and the soft golds in the rock against the cool grays and then B/W.

I really love the strong diagonal lines and the rich contrast (maybe slightly too much but it sure makes it moody) along with the strong orange glow in the LLC. I think this is one of your stronger images you’ve posted lately. It’s tremendously abstract and I actually like the almost black LLC and ULC creating a depth that I can almost fall into. It’s very intriguing. Well done. I can picture this one framed up.

Thank you @Diane_Miller @David_Haynes for your comments. I intentionally added more contrast than I would normally precisely to give it a sense of some mystery.

Excellent abstract Mario. I agree with Igor that there is spotlight effect in your image. I like the strong contrast and touch of rich color.