Rock Stars

I think that’s a lovely intimate scene you found with the graphic qualities and texture. Coming into this conversation late, the final rework is the best imo, adding a little more pop and interest. Really well done!

I also enjoy the second rework after seeing all three of them. The rays are really nice and strong in that one, colors are great too! Water and ice are always so fascinating.

Ed,
I am a little late to the party, but better late than never. :crazy_face: Subtle tweaks for sure, but I find myself liking the last repost the best as I think the boost in luminosity has lightened and given a life to those rays as they seem to emanate from the rock. I also like the visual tension created with all of the radiating lines in this image. The white border looks good and accentuates the image; makes it look like a framed print. No suggestions from me as this looks wonderful as is. I may have to start doing frames again as I gave it up on the old NPN due to size restrictions. Sounds like you and @Alan_Kreyger had some tough shooting conditions, but I am looking forward to seeing what you guys came away with.

@John_Williams @robb_hirsch @Ron_Jansen @Ed_Lowe thank you all for your thoughts on the image. In an almost snow-less winter, ice has been my go to subject.

@Ed_Lowe this was my toughest week that I’ve ever spent at Acadia. In six days there was only one sunset that was sunny with some clouds. Otherwise it was rain, freezing rain, light snow, and two sunny blue sky mornings with no clouds.

Ed, this is a great “ice and stone” abstract. Those lines in the ice complement the shapes of the two rocks wonderfully. I like the tighter view because it emphasizes the sense of ice exploding around the rocks.

Your rework is spot on Ed. I love scenes like this.