Rocky Cacti

Sony A77II
Minolta 200mm macro
ISO 200, 1/30 @ f22
Chrissy and I have been on the road for a week and just spent four days with one of our sons and four grandkids in Rocky Mountain NP. The kids live in Birmingham and had never been west of Temple, Texas. They were blown away by the wildlife and the snow. Two of them have some photography interest but they were having so much fun hiking, climbing and bombing the old folk with snowballs that the cameras didn’t get much use. So it goes. They left last night so I got out into the park today and had a lot of fun shooting the mountains in the ever changing weather conditions. At one of my old haunts I found these little cactus flowers and could not resist. My ever faithful 200 macro is always at the ready even when its sleeping in the camera bag. All comments welcome.>=))>

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Cactus flowers are always lovely, almost diaphanous in their perfection. These are no exception! One small nit–the URC is somewhat of a clash with the texture and delicacy of the rest of the picture. I could see cropping the right side to lessen the distraction.

Bill, I like the triangular composition and the beautiful delicate colors. Do you think it is possibile to lower the light in the yellow stamens?

Bill
Very pretty cactus flowers. Well done! Surprised you found these in RMNP with as much snow as we have had!!