Rolling hills

Before the pandemic I visited the Petrified Forest NP (part of the greater Painted Desert Area in Arizona) as a tourist, hence not a photography visit. Anyhow, I came away with this image.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any comments are welcome.
I deliberately made the hills somewhat faded, does that work?

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No

I made a similar image in Death Valley and I really enjoy this composition, Ola. I think the rock anchors the image so well. The light is harsh but I think it works.

I like the leading lines and the way the two chunks of petrified wood work, Ola. While the light works, I do think some more directional light bringing out the contours of the hills would work even better. Even your “snapshots” show your photographers eye.

Ola, I think that your focus on the big foreground rock and the zig-zag wash behind it works very well. The rocks along the wash leading into the distance add a good story element. Your processing makes it clear that the big foreground rock is the main focus.

Hi Ola,

I like the composition and you did well with the harsh lighting. The lightness of the background elements has flattened the view beyond the subject which is unusual and provides some interesting optical trickery for the eye. Well done…Jim

@Dennis_Plank, @Adhika_Lie, @Mark_Seaver and @Jim_Zablotny thank you for taking your time looking at this image, and for your comments and advise.