Roseate Spoonbill landing

I just got back from shooting at a bird rookery in Louisiana. Here is a Roseate Spoonbill landing one evening.

Canon 7D2, 400mm f4 DO IS II, monopod
ISO 400, f6.3, 1/4000s

Any comments appreciated.

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Great landing capture, sharp and perfectly exposed. The blue sky complements the spoonbill nicely.Was this taken as part of a multiple shot firing?

Such a great capture, Allen. I love the wing position. And you left just enough of the tree he was aimed to land on, so we have an anchor. I love everything about this shot!

Thank you for the comments Skip and Shirley!
Skip, yes I was shooting in burst mode ten frames a second and captured the incoming sequence.

Good timing for the wing position, Allen. The position of the bird and square format work well with the perch. I love the weird beauties, and always get a kick out of their gangly landing techniques, almost always seemingly over-flying their perches only to recover for a graceful landing. I miss shooting these guys, s guess I should head back over to Louisiana for another try.

Wonderful landing pose. Very nice light and color, excellent detail.

Excellent, Allen. I really like the wing flare and extended legs. I think you made a good choice in including the soon-to-be perch.

Superb - everything is excellent - landing pose, wing position, legs forward, and even an open beak.
Congrats on a great EP!
Sandy

Excellent image! Congratulations on the WP.

Wow! Nice detail, color and action in this classic landing shot. Well done.