Rubha nam Brathairlan

We spent a few weeks driving around Ireland and Scotland last summer, with a few days on the Isle of Skye. This was taken between rain showers on a short hike we took along the east side of the Isle of Skye. I blended 3 exposures in LR to control highlights in the sky and cloned some sheep crap out of the bottom right.

Any and all comments on processing and composition are appreciated.

D750, 24-70mm @ 24mm
1/60 , f16

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Rudy, you have some fabulous colors here and a great sky. In my mind the foreground area isn’t really drawing me into the image or helping to focus my attention. The dark shoreline seems to pull my attention away from the most interesting parts of the image. I might be tempted to crop off some of the bottom and put the focus on the repeating edges of the land stretching out to the sea as well as the interesting sky. I hope that helps.

Hi Rudy, hey great to see a post from you on the new NPN!

Now I know where the association between Ireland and Green comes from! :wink:

I think you’ve done well in capturing the coastline here and love the sky of the passing storms. I was kinda thinking along the same line as Erik with the darker rock at the bottom, which also leads to an even darker corner where it meets the more vertical wall. I’m wondering if a little more luminosity in there might help things.

Just noticed, but the sea is really calm!

Lon