Ruby-crowned Kinglet

I liked the colors on the tree and waited patiently (for quite some time) until a bird showed up in a position for a photo. There was a lot of bird activity in the area, but the tree didn’t seem to be a local favorite. This and a Yellow-rumped Warbler were the only takers-I’ll post the warbler later.

What technical feedback would you like if any? There was some unusual blue chromatic aberration around some of the branches which I attempted to clone out. Not sure how obvious this is or what I missed.

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Any

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Canon 7DII; Sigma 150-600 at 435 mm. 1/1000 at f6.3, -1/3 EV; ISO 400.

2 Likes

Good color and comp. Perhaps a tad oversharpened.

1 Like

Gorgeous colors, Allen. Excellent detail in the Kinglet and I like its pose. Well done.

1 Like

Gorgeous fall colors Allen. Great detail in the feathers. Also like where the bird sits in the composition. Great photo and nicely done.

1 Like

Beautiful colors and a nice pose, Allen. I agree with David concerning the sharpening, but still nicely done.

1 Like

Just beautiful, Allen, with those rich fall colors. He gave you a great pose. Nice.

1 Like

Hi Allen
This bird in a tree works. The colors are great and I like the Warbler feathers detail. The frame work nicely to bring the viewer eye down to the Warbler. Good work.
Peter

1 Like

This is gorgeous! The tree is spectacular, with so much interest in shape as well as color. The bird is so well positioned in the branches and the OOF leaves in the LL fill that space nicely and give a feeling of depth that brings the bird forward. Only one very minor thought – I’d consider cleaning up the tiny details in the UR and LR corners.

1 Like

Good job getting the kinglet. They don’t sit for long and it seems seldom in the open. Nice pose and I like your choice of trees. Too bad it was not busier.

1 Like