Rust in Peace

A relic found roadside, deep in the Quinault rain forest near the Lake Quinault section of Olympic National Park. I normally don’t photograph this kind of thing, but this scene was just too good to pass up. The moss on the pickup was just the icing on the cake.

Specific Feedback Requested

any critique or comments are welcome

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Canon 5D Mk4, Canon 24 to 70mm lens.

3 Likes

Nicely done, Ed. Can certainly understand why you couldn’t resist.

Ed, what a neat find. Someone has a great sense of humor, putting the sign on the old pickup truck. Yes, the moss is a nice addition too. I like the greenery, which looks like clover, around the pickup as well. Nicely seen and captured.

Excellent. The sign and moss are indeed icing on the cake. Well seen.

This is a great find excellent captured! I like the moss a lot but could do without the sign.

Wonderful!! Who could pass this up? The subdued colors are just right for the soft light. The bed of oxalis is such a nice touch, designed by nature. It is suggestive of some sort of floral draping for a grave.

@linda_mellor @Shirley_Freeman @David_Bostock @Ola_Jovall @Diane_Miller

thanks all for sharing your comments, I appreciate hearing them.

Diane, I knew it wasn’t clover because they were too big, but thanks for identifying this as oxalis. We don’t have this back east where I live. But it was all over the place in Olympic. It does almost look gardened.

1 Like

Love the word play here, Ed. The contrast of fresh greens and old, bold colors in the truck works very well.

He’s just a closet Megadeth fan! :metal: :metal: