Moth and Rust

“Do not lay up treasures for yourselves on earth, where moth and rust destroy but rather lay up treasures for yourselves in heaven where neither moth nor rust destroy.” . . .Matthew 6:19-20
I discovered this abandoned Dodge Wayfarer while hunting wildflowers near Independence, Texas many years ago. Whenever I see an old car like this I try to imagine it when it was brand new on the showroom floor and someone’s pride and joy. Probably shot on Velvia with one of my old Minolta film cameras. All comments welcome. >=))>

Bill, this a deep look backwards. Some of this old iron was so massive and for whatever the reason seemed to still have decent power and basic OK mileage. The Velvia provided some nice snap to the color too… :+1:

Nice capture, Bill. Yes, old abandoned vehicles evoke these thoughts as do abandon farm houses and barns. Who lived there? Why did they leave? It’s haunting, in many ways.

Bill, this is a nice look back in time. I don’t remember a Dodge Wayfarer. I have the same thoughts too, when I see old cars or buildings. Maybe someone’s dream home or car. Nothing last forever here on this earth. Glad you captured this image, as I am sure that old car body has been gone for a long time now.

Bill, this is not exactly a wildflower… :laughing:, but it is a good look at nature’s recovery efforts. The green grass in front and the old sheds behind complete a fine story.

Looks like a 49’er, plus, or minus. Rusted cars are fun. Pleasing color and comp.