Low On Petrol - B&W

I’ve come across a few of these old abandoned mining vehicles in the open desert over time. I’d posted this one awhile back as the original color version. I thought this B&W version might work for this weeks WC.

Mamiya RB67ProSD - Mamiya “C” 50mm lens - Velvia 50

2 Likes

Sweet ride and a fine image of it. Processing looks good to my eye, too. Very nicely done.

Didn’t Preston drive this one off the dealer’s lot when it was new??? :sunglasses:

2 Likes

@Harley_Goldman, thank you the comment as always…:sunglasses:

As far as Preston’s ride, I’m not too sure as I actually have a few more miles on me by a couple months over him as I recall…:cowboy_hat_face:
This might have been a precursor to my 66 El Camino that I did drive off the lot as a new ride back then…:clown_face:

Love that it is presented in B/W. Fits the topic perfectly.

1 Like

This is quite the “find”, Paul. Going b&w sure fits with the old, decaying truck. That shredding tire is quite the eye catcher. I think I drove one of these on my grandpa’s farm…

1 Like

Can you imagine placing yourself here when the car stopped running? I love the “hairy” tire. Excellent comp.

1 Like

A good news/bad news find, Paul. It’s cool because it’s a piece of history with an untold story but bad because mankind has a bad habit of just abandoning their junk in the middle of otherwise beautiful scenery. I think the b&w conversion works very well for this shot.

1 Like

Hi Gary, yes people leave things everywhere on this planet without a caring thought about the eyesore to others.
However, in this case this is an area of the desert that was an old mining area and there is a good size stamping mill off to the left of this viewpoint. So, these old vehicles are part of the landscape if you will in this particular area…:cowboy_hat_face:

Classic Paul. Good choice with the b&w too.

I guess they hadn’t invented re-treads yet… :laughing:

1 Like

A couple of new tires and some gas and she’s ready to go, Paul. Reminds me of a neighbor’s back yard, except his aren’t quite so classic. Excellent composition and the black and white works well.

1 Like