Done Seen Better Days

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

All comments welcome.

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

Shot a few years ago. I like to shoot details of old things and thought this one offered a little more context to suggest where it had been left to decay. I felt the sepia toning fit its age.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
1 Like

Diane: Just marvelous. I have to admit I’m having a hard time picturing this on the showroom floor. Really nice processing and capture. >=))>

Excellent! The toning really works well, as does the kind of high key look. I really like this a lot.

Thanks guys! I was hoping the high key look would suggest the desert heat.

Diane, I think you found Humphrey Bogart’s old two door coop from the movie “High Sierra” with Ida Lupino and Arthur Kennedy. It definitely looks like it is dug in here. … :cowboy_hat_face:

Now I’m wondering what it is (was). My husband thinks it’s close to a mid-30’s Ford Coupe, but it was shot in Namibia, so maybe something European? Here’s a front view, FWIW. But this is way off-topic here so no problem if a mod wants to delete it.

Great shot, Diane. I really am enjoying the old vehicles in this weeks challenge. I have no idea what kind it is (before my time :upside_down_face:), but you definitely captured and processed it well.

Diane, the sepia toning and distorted edges fit this scene perfectly. I also like the overall brightness and limited contrast, both speak to the early days of photography.

Thanks everyone! It was fun to root around for a suitable image and process it to fit the theme.