RWBB callling

Repost
I have no idea why the red glow vanished? I didn’t do anything.

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

This was in bright sunlight with little shadow. Of all I have posted this one is my favorite .

Specific Feedback

any

There seems to be some red glare above the epaulettes but I was unable to blend it in with the healing brush tool. Perhaps it was too bright and it was really there, I tried to get more detsil out of the black but it sarted to get pixelated and unnatural, I keep saying black birds are very difficult to photograph correctly. They are a real challenge for me.

Technical Details

iso 1000, 200-600 at 600 mm, f9, 2000th, tripod,A1

Critique Template

Use of the template is optional, but it can help spark ideas.

• Emotional Impact:
  • Mood Creation:
  • Composition:
  • Balance and Visual Weight:
  • Depth and Dimension:
  • Textures and Patterns:
  • Use of Color:
  • Lighting:
  • Subject and Genre:
  • Post-processing:
  • Technical Aspects:

That red halo above the epaulets is really intriguing, David. I can’t figure out what could be causing it. It almost looks like an old RCA television where anything close to a saturated red went crazy. I love the display pose. It’s full of the energy and aggressiveness of the bird. To me, the bottom of the frame feels pretty empty, so I think I’d go with a bit tighter crop. The perch is perfect.

With that red flare, I’d be interested in seeing how this looked out of camera with just the default RAW profile and conversion to jpg.

Hi David, I like the curvy perch and the bird right at it’s kink. Bird is facing down so I understand the crop you chose with more space at bottom but Dennis’ alternative should be a good version too.