Sagey Meadow Sunrise +Alt

Thanks for the comments so far folks. Definitely a mix of reactions, which I take as a good thing - thought provoking perhaps.

Igor, thanks for the comment and reaction. Very interesting too because when processing I originally was emphasizing the “cross,” although to be honest I saw more of an “X” and didn’t relate to the religious symbolism - although it’s pretty clear - perhaps in a way like sun beams, often referred to as “God’s rays…” Alas, I was following the first light beam diagonal across the frame and deliberately downplayed any light or brightness in the grasses that didn’t fall in that path. I’m quite analytical most of the time and I thought the sun wouldn’t strike both horizontally and vertically in the frame… so I processed that way.

Thanks Harley! I can get that. Especially since the streak/beam of light isn’t really uniform or appear “straight.” I wish now I had caught the area before the sun. But there’s always next year…

@Ed_McGuirk, thank you so much for the suggestions and taking the time to make some edits. I really like and appreciate your results. In fact if/when I re-work this I will be keeping yours in mind!

Thanks @Preston_Birdwell for chiming in as well. I know I sent you off for some sunshine and warm coffee while I played with this comp…