Salmonberry blooms

Critique Style Requested: Initial Reaction

Please share your immediate response to the image before reading the photographer’s intent (obscured text below) or other comments. The photographer seeks a genuinely unbiased first impression.

Questions to guide your feedback

Background OOF enough?

Other Information

Please leave your feedback before viewing the blurred information below, once you have replied, click to reveal the text and see if your assessment aligns with the photographer. Remember, this if for their benefit to learn what your unbiased reaction is.

Image Description

Salmonberrries (Rubus spectabilis) is a species of brambles in the rose family, native to the west coast of North America. This day’s blooms are radiant in mid-morning light. Located right outside my front door, these are a seasonal reward for living on the edge of a woods. Three-image focus stack, one for each bloom and its immediately-located leaves and stems.

Technical Details

Canon EOS 5D II; Canon EF 200-400mm + 1.4x @ 784mm; f/16 @ 1/6 sec, ISO 100; Gitzo tripod, RRS BH 55, Canon RS-80N3 Remote switch

Specific Feedback

Whatever you wish, positive or otherwise

Already? I need to get out to the woods. The greens feel just a bit oversaturated to me, but I like the feel that gives the image. The arrangement of the open blooms in a triangle works very well.

Thank you @Dennis_Plank for your insight. Early Spring, warm weather yields fast growth, lots of chlorophyl. Backlighting emphasizes the radiance.