Salvia

This salvia is in a container on my porch. As I was walking up to the porch, what little sun was shining was illuminating the salvia but the background was very dark. I thought it was very striking.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Canon 60D
Canon 70-300mm IS USM @ 135mm
f/8
1/180 sec.
ISO 2000

Processed in ACR and PSE 2020 for exposure, sharpness, and slight cropping. Topaz De-noise applied. I did darken the background a bit more to make the flower stand out.

1 Like

Terry, The reds stand out well against dark background, The flowers show a good amount of detail. The green leaves are complementary to reds. I would have preferred a vertical background. Also there is a rectangular patch at the bottom of the frame that can be darkened to minimize distraction.

1 Like

Good eye Terry. The bright red and green of the flower stand out from the black bg. I also like the idea of a vertical crop and cloning over the bit of lighter area on bottom. Very nice.

1 Like

Nice capture of the detail of the salvia which is emphasized by the dark background. Its a difficult flower to capture and you did an excellent job presenting it.

Thanks, Patricia. I appreciate your comments.