San Ignacio by streetlight

Critique Style Requested: Initial Reaction

Please share your immediate response to the image before reading the photographer’s intent (obscured text below) or other comments. The photographer seeks a genuinely unbiased first impression.

Questions to guide your feedback

I had a feeling when I first came across this scene. What’s yours?

Other Information

Please leave your feedback before viewing the blurred information below, once you have replied, click to reveal the text and see if your assessment aligns with the photographer. Remember, this if for their benefit to learn what your unbiased reaction is.

Image Description

San Ignacio is perhaps the best mission left in Baja California. It comes into it’s own at night, in my opinion. Few tourists, however, see it that way. People stop here to cool down under the trees in the main plaza.

Technical Details

GFX 50R, 45-100mm, iso 2500+

Specific Feedback

All of the above.

I think this is a great image !!! Great tone in the black and white !!! i dont understand how you took this image. But it is very cool.

I like the tones in this image, Igor. The street lights do interesting things, particularly to the foreground road that take a bit of getting used to, but the total effect reminds me of dark melodramas from the thirties (and no, I’m not that old).

1 Like