Wall Fantasies

Critique Style Requested: Initial Reaction

Please share your immediate response to the image before reading the photographer’s intent (obscured text below) or other comments. The photographer seeks a genuinely unbiased first impression.

Questions to guide your feedback

I’m curios about your reaction to this image.

Other Information

Please leave your feedback before viewing the blurred information below, once you have replied, click to reveal the text and see if your assessment aligns with the photographer. Remember, this if for their benefit to learn what your unbiased reaction is.

Image Description

This was the side of a building in San Ignacio, Mexico. There were numerous compositions to choose from.

Technical Details

GFX50R, 45-100mm, f/11

Specific Feedback

All feedback is welcome. I suppose aesthetic and emotional seems to be most appropriate for this image.

1 Like

Very appealing pastel colours in this image. Here the decay reveals something fine and positive (rather than destructive), the smooth and soft edged lilac patches feel very soothing. A beautiful, subtly luminous abstract exuding balance and calm joy. Very fine work.

I find it a-peeling also. As in I want to pick away at those bits until they’re gone. Strange colors make me wonder about the sanity of the painters.

This is Mexico. They like their houses in strong colors.

I love everything about this image, Igor. Texture, color palette, and composition. It almost feels like a world map to me! Well seen.

@Kris_Smith, @LauraEmerson, @brenda_tharp

Thank you for your comments. I printed and it didn’t work for me. The dark shapes at the top throw everything out of balance.