Sand abstraction

Image:

Description: Aerial photo from sand of the river beach

Specific Feedback Requested: all

2 Likes

Hi Jorma,
wow, that looks awesome. I love everything about that image.
What a nice composition and beautiful structures. The blue lines at the top create a nice color contrast to the lower half of the image.

Well done!

Did you shoot this with a drone?

Thank you very much Jens for the nice feedback. I use a Mavic 2 Pro drone and a Nisi Landscape polarizer filter. This filter is absolutely essential in these waterscapes. I also shoot several frames in a stack, so the end result is much better than with just one shot

1 Like

That’s interesting. We booked a Cessna flight over Iceland two years ago. I wish I had also attached my polarizer during the flight. Some pictures are hardly usable because of the reflection.

How can you adjust the polarizer filter when using it with the drone? I guess you have to turn the drone?

Yes, the filter is fixed, but it doesn’t hurt at all. It’s on the lens 95% of the time because I shoot a lot over water and its color reproduction is a bit cool, in contrast to most polarizers, which are a bit yellow

1 Like

Wonderful!! I can wander around in this image for a long time, not sure what it is and where I am – maybe on Mars? The wonderful vignette at the base gives it a depth that makes it feel like a scene from the ground – an unusual and intriguing touch!

Your drone photography is high art!

Love this! It instantly grabbed my attention when seeing it small and then when I viewed large, it enveloped me and drew me in to the image. The composition, the color palette, the texture and design all are a winner to me. Well seen and shot!