Water and sand

Drone photo of the creation work of the water and sand of the Teno River in norhern Norway

Specific Feedback Requested

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Dji Mavic 2 Pro

6 Likes

This is a lovely and interesting image. I would have no idea what it was without your explanation. It maybe looks like a macro photo. I love the gentle curving lines and the soft, suede-like texture.

Hello Jorma, welcome to NPN! And a nice start too. This is a fascinating abstract like image. I love the light the curves and the texture. Your composition keeps me in the scene. Well done. Looking forward to seeing more of your work.

Welcome to NPN Jorma. I absolutely love this abstract. I could look at this all day. At first it felt as though there was 2 halves to this image but when enlarged I saw that you have a very nice overall diagonal composition. It really looks like a modern art painting. The colors are muted and the shapes are gentle, particularly on the left. That one sweeping arc is like the wings of a butterfly.

Welcome to NPN Jorma, this is a fantastic first post !!!

This is a stunning abstract, I could spend a long time looking at all the details, shapes and colors here. The image has a great visual flow to it, my eye just keeps moving around the image. And your processing is extremely well done, I love the mix of colors, what an unusual, but very appealing color palette.

And I hope you don’t mind, but when I see strong abstract images, I’m always tempted to try things like this rework. Good abstracts often work well presented several different ways.

1 Like

Welcome! Wonderful image and a great eye for the abstract! I like the balance between warm and cool colors as well as the tension between hard edge and soft, such that we are just not sure what this is! I agree that it looks like it could be something from a tight macro or a microscope photo! Amazing!

1 Like

Wow, what a beautiful collection of colors and lines and shapes. As others have said, I didn’t know what I was looking at, and still have difficulty even with your description. Just so fascinating. Thanks cor sharing this u inquest view!

Thank you all for the nice feedback! In nature, the objekt is quite large. I would guess the flight altitude is more than 50m. The photo is part of the project “Vistas” which I am working on for the upcoming exhibition

Welcome Jorma. This is a wonderful introduction to you and your work. It tells me that Vistas will be very successful. While I appreciate it as an abstract of shapes and hues, I inadvertently turned it and was stuned by the fingers and hands that appeared.

3 Likes

A spectacular photograph! The intent of the image is fresh, innovative, and fantastic. I can’t wait to see more of your truly creative work.

Namaste

1 Like

Welcome to NPN, Jorma. This a stunning abstract image, I love it. It is technically and artistically very good, I have no ideas of improvements. A very nice first post, I am looking forward for your upcoming ones.

As everyone already has told, it is an image that you could look at for a long time moving around and investigating all the details, colors, texture and patterns, and try to understand what it is!

I still haven’t figured this out, but it’s a very appealing image. Looks more organic than inorganic.

Like all of the others, I had and still have no idea what this is an image of but in true abstract form, it doesn’t really matter. The textures, colors and shapes are just incredible. I really like what @Ed_McGuirk did by flipping this image but even better, I absolutely LOVE what @Dick_Knudson did by rotating this image. It comes alive. There are two hands with fingers holding and raising up some sort of a magical alien object, or whatever you see. Incredible!!!