Saras Crane

Saras Crane, the tallest flying bird in flight.

Pertinent technical details or techniques: Canon 6DII; 500 mm; 1.4x; ISO 320; 1/1600 sec. at F 6.3

(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Jagdeep, wow. The colors here are stunning. I really like that OOF bird btw. I think it adds so much depth to the image, not only in terms of spatial depth but also to the meaning of the image. It makes me question what else is there. Is that some kind of a stork?

I do wish the crane is not so centered though; a little bit more room to the right would be really nice. Also, I want to see a tad more of that grass at the bottom. I think that water gives context to the image and should be played up a little bit more with the grass at the bottom.

Nice, crisp image of a stunning bird. I could live with some more room on the right as well I guess, but other than that a fine image ! Best regards, Hans

Hi Adhika!
That oof bird is endangered Black-necked Stork.

Lovely flight shot Jagdeep, I would crop a bit from the left and add more to the right if you have it. I like the oof stork in the background and the layers of the bg.