Dancing Crane

Indian Saras Crane, the tallest flying bird in the world, dancing next to its nest.

Specific Feedback Requested

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Canon R 5; RF 100-500 mm lens; ISO 160; 1/800 sec. at F 7.1

jagdeeprajputphotographie
2 Likes

This is really interesting, showing wings, nest and egg. I’m a bit distracted by the greyish lines across the background.

2 Likes

Wonderful pose. That action is always great to capture with cranes of any kind.

I too find myself distracted by the gray “lines” in the background. I don’t know what they are, but they don’t add to the image.

I can only imagine how impressive these are in person. A nearly 6-foot bird that can fly. Amazing and a little scary. I love the wing spread here…that must be enormous, too. Just thinking of the flight dynamics here is mind-boggling.

Mike & Keith have voiced my issue with the same stripe-yness. The presence of the egg is a joy to behold though.

1 Like

Thanks friends!
The greyish lines you see are reflection of sky in the small waves in water, on a windy day.

Hi J Rajput
Thank you for sending us is vary large and striking bird. Love the dance and the coloring and detail are outstanding. I had to compare the Crane to something have seen a Bald Eagle.
wikipedia.org "individuals is 6.8–7.8 kg (15–17 lb), averaged 8.4 kg (19 lb). height typically from 115 to 167 cm (45 to 66 in), and wingspan from 220 to 250 cm (87 to 98 in). "A bald Eaglehe has a body length of 70–102 cm (28–40 in). Typical wingspan is between 1.8 and 2.3 m (5 ft 11 in and 7 ft 7 in) and mass is normally between 3 and 6.3 kg (6.6 and 13.9) lbs. "
Peter

1 Like

Love this photo, Jagdeep! The action, colors and clarity are all superb and the egg is a big plus as it adds context and a story. The stripes in the background water don’t bother me, probably because I live next to a lot of wetlands & see that regularly.

1 Like