Dance of the Cranes

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

A pair of Sarus Cranes photographed on a misty winter morning at Bharatpur (India).

Technical Details

1/320 sec, f/7.1, ISO-400

2 Likes

I love it when Cranes do this synchronized pose. Nice environmental scene, Sandipan.

1 Like

The Cranes are wonderful; I enjoy the ethereal quality of your moment with them. I’m not sure of your set-up, but if you could have been a meter or so to the right (if possible) you would have separation from that tree branch and the righthand bird. I would love to see this species!

1 Like

The mood captured here is wonderful. The blue shows the cold temps, and the cranes look so elegant. I bet it was pretty quiet except for them. I don’t know if these are similar to Sandhills cranes, but that is what we have migrating through our area now. I so wish I could see them when they have their babies. This is a beautiful image.

1 Like

A beautiful scene, Sandipan. I like the position of the cranes in the frame and of course the poses are what really make this image. While I’m guessing this was taken in “blue” hour, I think you could back off just a bit on the blue (just my taste).

1 Like

Hi Sandipan, very nice behavioral image - love the calling poses and environment included. Also am wondering about a version that is a little less blue. A fine image either way. Well done.

1 Like

Beautiful image. I might clone away the OOF bush in the lower right foreground.

1 Like

Thank you all. Great feedback.
Hi Dennis and Allen, I tried to desaturate blue and cyan a bit. Please find here the updated version. Thanks again.

1 Like