Sea gulls

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Sea gull at Tybee Island beach. Pentax K20D Tamron 70-300 f/3.5-5.6 set at 300 tripod mounted

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

Hi Timothy
The is at a nice low angle and in focus. Gull. The one leg stand is interesting. When shooting a black light subject you may want to add a reflector or use a flash fill.
Peter

I like the low angle and the oof background. One suggestion might be to de-center the gull and add a bit of canvas on the left for the gull to look into.

PS. My Merlin app says this is a laughing gull in non-breeding plumage. I’ll have to take their word for it.

Thank you, I wasn’t sure if the gull only had one leg or if it was the angle, as far as flash fill, I was about 20 feet away so a flash would not have had much effect.

It’s a nice specimen. You handled the backlighting well. But I agree that the bird is a little large in the frame, and I believe critical focus fell just in front of the bird. Also, I think I can see two legs?