Sea of lavender

Moved camera while photographing some lavender in our backyard this June.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

any

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

any

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Canon 7D II; 24/70 at 64; AE; 1/13th; 100 ISO; F 22; WB auto;

spot.
(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.
1 Like

This is a very nice way of making images.It’s almost like painting. You have to watch for matching colors and composition. This one is not yet it for me, It may be a bit more blurry. I think it’s a question of try and try again. Don’t get me wrong because I like this way of photographing .

This looks almost like a reflection on water. I think the color scheme works for me although I do wish it’s a little smoother texturally.

This one works nicely for me, Jim. I can imagine a smoother, slower shutter speed effect, but I have to say, I like the implied texture that this has as presented. When I look at the greens in particular, It looks like chiselled wood texture, and then the purple has a wispy soft or liquid impression. If you want more blur (and that’s not a given), you would have to move the camera really fast or slow the shutter speed to something closer to 1/4 to 3-4 seconds.

This kind of photography is fun to experiment with and fun to look at. I am so happy others are sharing this kind of thing here.
ML