First Light

I’ve been working on a lot of images lately that are shot in the mountains with fog and little saturation and contrast. I thought I’d change it up for something more vivid.

This shot is actually a crop from another image and I thought I’d simply the scene by reducing the number of elements within the fame. Is there enough in this composition to hold attention?

What technical feedback would you like if any? anything

What artistic feedback would you like if any? anything

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)
24mm, F16, ISO400, 2 seconds.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

@nathankleinphotos

3 Likes

Nathan, I think this one works well. Real nice light and good depth to the image, with interest front to back. You could even pop the vibrance/saturation in the water a bit if you wanted to, but definitely a matter of personal taste.

Swirling water very much holds my attention. Fine choice of exposure time. The bright sun off the edge draws my eye up and out of the frame, however.

The color and light work great here. The water may seem a bit bright given that it seems lighter than the sunlit sky. I like the light highlights on the water, but maybe the blue midtones could have their exposure lowered a bit.

Stunning Light and color Nathan. Your exposure has created a pleasing flow in the water and tamed the strong light in the sky.

This is a beauty of an image. The compositional flow works great with the spacing of the rocks and the flow of the water. The light and color is beautiful. Nicely done!

I agree with the other critiques. Colors are vibrant, yet subtle. The photo has an abstract feel to it and I like this one and presented…Jim

@Harley_Goldman @Dick_Knudson @Tony_Kuyper @Eva_McDermott @Brian_Schrayer @Jim_Zablotny thanks for your input on this image. I did try a touch more vibrance and it seemed to work