Colorful forest

I made this image (in raw) with my pocketcamera as a study to come back later to this place. I am curious to your opinions. Because for me this image is good as it is now. In PP I did some blurring for the background, lighten the colors in the bushes and did change the saturation and contrast a bit.

F8, 1/125, iso200,

What technical feedback would you like if any? Because I think its OK , I love to get feedback to make it better.

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Do you like the composition ??

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Ben,

There is something there, its just from this perspective its not clicking. Maybe a tighter crop on the flowering branches might help.

@Youssef_Ismail, Youssef thank you for your feedback. A tighter crop is not looking so well to me.
I did rotate the image and for the perspective it looks better. I should like very much to have your opinion on this

I

It’s a beautiful small scene, for sure. The lavender flowered plant is eye catching. What catches my eye as much as the lovely plant, though, is the patch of light colored ground to its left, with the prominent pine cones lying about. For me, that light area is competing with the plant, taking attention away from it. The effect is heightened by the darkest area in the LRC. There is a gradual progression from darkness to light from the LRC, across the plant, to the lightest ground on the left. If you don’t want the attention on the light ground, I think it would be easily fixed by darkening the ground and lightening the plant more. I wouldn’t darken the light green plants in the background - they provide nice counterpoint color & light to the plant.

Ben, i think this a place worth coming back to in the future. The light here is difficult for this type of subject, the high contrast light is creating harsh highlights and blocked up shadows. These type of issues are hard to salvage in post processing. i would suggest returning here on an overcast or rainy day. The even light in those conditions would reveal more of the color and detail in this scene. You said this was a grab shot from a scouting trip, i would definitely come here on an overcast day.

@Ed_McGuirk, @Bonnie_Lampley, Thank you Ed and Bonny, I am learning fast by the comments and suggestions you both giving me on my images. There is work for me to do, thanks.