Blooming forest

vergetenbos

I liked all the fresh white and green between the old trees. And tried to let it speak in this image.

What technical feedback would you like if any? All is welcome

What artistic feedback would you like if any? All is welcome

Pertinent technical details or techniques: Nikon D850, F11, 0.4, iso100.

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

This is a fine medley of spring green colors Ben. The white (apple?) blossoms add a nice touch too. Th is image tells a nice story about growth. I like the framing created by the trees on each side, and how the sunlit tree is offset from the center. My only suggestion would be to add a vignette along each of the edges to draw the viewers eye more into the center. The brown leaves at the bottom especially need to go darker.

1 Like

Very nice spring shot, Ben. I like the shot as shown, but I think the vignetting may improve the shot even more. You gotta love spring and the newness of life, and you captured it here.

Beautiful spring green with hardly a touch of sky coming through. Colors look quite accurate as I imagine the scene. The higher key/brightness (my perception?) of the scene creates a levity consistent with the hope that new growth brings. I like landing on the brighter flowers framed by the tree trunks in the scene. Only nit is what to me is a minor distraction - a structure in the RL corner…perhaps a rock +/- stick? Maybe I’m looking too hard? In all, a bright and happy scene!

1 Like